Where damage to a person’s teeth is extreme, and apparently beyond repair, we can use porcelain or porcelain and metal combined dental crowns to make the smile appear “as new”. This is an extremely reliable technique for repairing the most severe of dental problems.
These treatments are used for a long-lasting correction of major dental problems. It is usual for dental crowns to last up to 20 years, which is as close to permanent as dental treatment can get.
How long does it take to fit a dental crown?
Fitting a crown requires at least two visits to our office. Initially, we will remove decay, shape the tooth, and fit it with a temporary crown of either plastic or metal.
On the subsequent visit, we will remove the temporary crown and then fit and adjust the final crown. Finally, we will cement the crown into place and you have a new beautiful looking tooth.
Key Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Prevents further breakage and chips on heavily restored teeth
- Offers support to misshapen teeth or badly broken teeth
- Looks natural
- Can fix functional chewing problems
What are the capabilities of crowns?
Crowns and bridges are very reliable solution for major dental problems caused through accidents, diseases, or wear and tear.
- Major problems can usually be corrected using Dental Crown restoration techniques.
- Materials used in these repairs are either high-grade porcelain or porcelain bonded to gold. A higher strength of the porcelain and gold materials is recommended to treat the most serious of dental problems.
- Where accidental damage has occurred and resulted in broken teeth, or where teeth have broken away through excessive wear failure of old fillings, dental crowns and/or dental bridges can be used as a long-term solution.
Solution for Cracked or Chipped Teeth
Many people have unexplained pain from filled back teeth, which is usually due to hairline cracks in the chewing part of the tooth. Placing crowns on these teeth relieves the pain and allows a return of full dental function for these teeth. In front teeth, older fillings can both weaken the teeth and cause “appearance” problems due to staining or chipping. Porcelain crowns and bridges are suitable in cases where porcelain veneers are not. In teeth with root canal fillings, crowns can prevent breakage.
Call our office to find out if Dental Crowns are an option for you: Duncan BC Dental Office Phone Number 250-746-6533.